Philippine show business is not new to clans. We all know the prominent ones in the industry, such as Barretto, Eigenmann, Cruz, Gutierrez, Padilla, Salvador, Quizon, Ejercito-Estrada, and many more. It must be nice being in the field with your family members around as it gives comfort and a “homey feel” while at work.
While we’re at it, check out these Filipino celebrities who are as equally famous as their siblings.
1. Maxene and Elmo Magalona. The Magalonas are already well-known and well-loved in showbiz. Everyone knows that this clan has strong ties with each other. Even after their father’s death, the siblings’ bond became stronger than it used to.
2. Julia and Claudia Barretto. As part of the eminent Barretto family, who are known to possess beauty and talent alike, these two young ladies must have had it easy entering showbiz. Julia is considered as one of the most-admired actresses today, while Claudia just recently joined the industry but chose to venture into music.
3. Coco and Ronwaldo Martin. Coco is currently one of the most sought-after and most respected actors in the entertainment industry. He started out and championed as an indie film actor where he received the name the ‘Prince of Philippine Independent Film.’ Ronwaldo, on the other hand, is just new to the field. He recently joined the cast of ‘FPJ’s Ang Probinsiyano’ where his older brother casts as the leading star. Prior to this, he already starred in an independent film.
4. Anne and Jasmine Curtis. The one and only ‘Dyosa’ shares the same beauty with her younger sister, Jasmine. Anne currently hosts at the long-running variety noontime show ‘It’s Showtime,’ while Jasmine stars in the web series ‘Forever Sucks.’
5. Raymond and RK Bagatsing. Raymond comes to mind when we think of a character or persona who’s scarily sexy as an antagonist. The same vibe comes from his younger brother, RK, who now stars in the afternoon series ‘Wildflower.’
CONTINUE READING ON PAGE 2
6. Richard and Raymond Gutierrez. Richard’s romantic roles during the early 2000s era will always have a special place in our hearts. For many people today, he is the mysterious villain in La Luna Sangre, while for others, he’s still the matinee idol who captivated us. Raymond, on the other hand, did not venture further into acting but created a name for himself as an award-winning host and stylist of a local lifestyle magazine.
7. Joj and Jai Martin. Joj and Jai’s popularity began when they entered the country’s most famous crib, Pinoy Big Brother’s (PBB) house. These twins share the same bubbly personality which made them win the hearts of the viewers.
8. Arjo and Ria Atayde. Arjo and Ria are both the children of the veteran actress, Sylvia Sanchez. Arjo’s biggest role to date was ‘Joaquin,’ the notable antagonist of the Kapamilya primetime show, ‘FPJ’s Ang Probinsiyano.’ Ria, meanwhile, has also appeared in a few shows such as Ningning and My Dear Heart.
9. Toni and Alex Gonzaga. Singer-actress Toni shares the same quirks as her younger sister Alex. Toni was once again paired up with hunk and veteran actor Piolo Pascual in an upcoming romance film, Last Night. Alex, on the other hand, is currently hosting the ‘I Can Do That’ game show.
10. James and Lauren Reid. James is known as one of the many heart throbs in the local showbiz scene. But fellas, his sister, Lauren deserves attention too! Lauren is a newcomer in the industry and she’s already making all the guys swoon. The female Reid has been featured in magazines and newspapers, but she has already set her sights in hosting.
11. Diego Loyzaga and Angelina Cruz. Though they are born from different moms, Diego is close to Angelina as well as to his other half-sisters. In fact, in an Instagram post, Sunshine Cruz expressed her gratitude over Diego for being a good brother.
CONTINUE READING ON PAGE 3
12. Ara Mina and Cristine Reyes. In 2012, Ara and Cristine had a dispute which led to the former suing the latter of libel in order to ‘teach her a lesson’. But the two patched things up after a year. In a recent interview with Inquirer, Ara said they already forgave each other since the two of them are both mothers now.
13. Aljur and Vin Abrenica. The Kapuso-turned-Kapamilya actor just recently became a dad after his fiancée Kylie Padilla gave birth to their baby boy. He was recently casted in the long-running action series ‘FPJ’s Ang Probinsiyano.’ Vin, on the other hand, is one of the lead actors of the afternoon show ‘Wildflower.’
14. Camille and John Prats. Both Camille and John started out as child stars. Camille was notable in her role as Sarah in the Philippine adaptation of ‘Sarah, Ang Munting Prinsesa.’ Meanwhile, John is currently one of the casts of the star-studded action primetime ‘FPJ’s Ang Probinsiyano.’
15. Enchong and AJ Dee. We are all familiar with the good-looking and hunky Chinito guy who joined the ABS-CBN reality-based talent search Dreamboy. AJ’s career in showbiz did not flourish that much, but he maintains his fashion blog, The Filo Dapper. Enchong, however, is now one of the most prized artists in the entertainment industry. He currently stars in the drama and romance primetime ‘A Love To Last.’
16. Rayver and Rodjun Cruz. Rayver and Rodjun both possess the same talent in dancing. Coming from the prominent Cruz family, these two brothers are undeniably talented and bear the looks of a true celebrity.
17. Patrick Garcia and Cheska Garcia-Kramer. Born from a Spanish mestizo father, Cheska and Patrick indeed inherited their envy-worthy looks that are perfect on and off the screen. Cheska married Doug Kramer in 2008, while Patrick tied the knot with his wife Nikka Martinez in 2015.
What can you say about this? Do you know other celebrity siblings that should be in this list? Share this story online, and don’t forget to leave your comments below!