Some people immediately get worried when they see a huge amount of hair strands in their shower drain. It even comes to the point where they think they are going bald. Well, hair loss while taking a bath should not be a huge concern.
Even outside the shower, people shed hair. It is just more noticeable while you are taking a bath since the strands get caught up in the drain. Women will typically lose between 50 to 100 strands every day. There are even cases where it reaches 150.
However, there is a way you can determine if you are losing more hair than usual. It would be hard to count each strand that falls from your head one at a time.
According to Dr. Marotta, one can take a chunk of about 60 hairs and run your fingers through it. Getting 5 to 8 hairs is normal. If you exceed in 15, then you may be suffering from hair loss.
The doctor also said that 90% of the hair on a person’s hair is in the growing stage while the remaining 10% are at their resting stage. The latter is the one that falls out of the scalp.
If you think you are losing more hair than normal, it is best that you consult an expert. It is also the only way to get rid your worries. They can determine the problems with your scalp and you can get a direct answer as to why many strands are falling.
Meanwhile, Dr. Marotta mentioned that there are other factors that could trigger hair loss. Stress and vitamin deficiency can result to more strands falling off your head. He added, ““hair loss can also become prevalent due to hormonal, immunological, and infectious issues.”
Are you experiencing hair fall? Did you find the information helpful? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.