The Philippines’ natural beauty and the people’s hospitality inspire many tourists to visit the country. There are even those who choose to stay and pursue their dream career. This is why there is nothing new is seeing half-Pinoys or even foreigners on television today.
Here are some foreigners who have become famous celebrities in the Philippines:
1. Alexander Lee – The “My Korean Jagiya” lead star has Korean, Portugues, and Chinese blood in him. He used to be a member of the K-Pop group, “U-Kiss.”
2. Marc Saw Nelson – The sports enthusiast has Burmese, Thai, and Australian blood. He had lived in different countries throughout the years. Marc had gone to Tanzania, Kenya, Hong Kong, Canada and Australia, but has found home in the Philippines.
3. Jinri Park – In May 2011, the Korean star first made an appearance on the cover of famous men’s magazine, FHM. She was also featured in the August issue of the same year and the March issue of the following year.
4. Daniel Matsunaga – The actor-model is half-Brazilian and half-Japanese. He was given acting roles in the leading networks of the country. Also, in 2014, he bagged the Big Winner title of “Pinoy Big Brother: All In.”
5. Natalia Moon – The actress-DJ played the role of a maid in Kapuso sitcom, “Ismol Family.”
6. Nico Bolzico – The Argentine model-businessman played for KAYA FC during the United Football League of the Philippines. He is the husband of Solenn Heussaff.
7. Dasuri Choi – The Korean dancer-host landed 2nd runner-up in the “You’re My Foreignay” segment of long-running noontime show, “Eat Bulaga.”
CONTINUE READING ON PAGE 2
8. Fabio Ide – The Brazilian-Japanese actor, model, and businessman has captured many hearts with his good looks and charming personality.
9. Janice Hung – The Chinese veteran martial arts practitioner instructs kids Wushu. Janice also helps musicians in the country through giving them a place where they can train.
10. Addy Raj – The actor-model is purely Indian. He used to be an exchange student in the country. He is popular for being part of Kapamilya’s, “I Love OPM” in 2016.
11. Akihiro Sato – The Japanese actor has starred in Filipino film, “Handumanan.” He also does modeling and learned Tagalog in the University of the Philippines.
12. Sam Oh – The host-DJ is purely Korean. She is the host of the show, “Rated Oh!” on ETC. Also, she writes columns for The Manila Times.
13. Hideo Muraoka – The Brazilian-Japanese supermodel is a model of the biggest brands in the Philippines like Virtual Plus, Folded and Hung, Avon, and SM Men’s Fashion.
14. Sandara Park – Until today, she is one of the of the most-loved Korean celebrities in the country. She was a former contestant in the ABS-CBN talent search, “Star Circle Quest.” Sandara was given the title of “Pambansang Krungkrung.”
CONTINUE READING ON PAGE 3
15. Conan Stevens – The Australian actor only came for a vacation in the Philippines when he got offered a role in GMA’s fantasy series, “Encantadia.”
16. Maria Ozawa – The former Japanese-Canadian sexy star starred in Filipino film, “Nilalang” along Cesar Montano. She is one of the owners of the known “Singles Bar” located at Remington Hotel in Resorts World Manila.
17. Ryan Bang – He has pure Korean blood and became known after joining “PBB” Teen Clash of 2010.” He is now a regular host of “It’s Showtime” and a cast member in “Banana Sundae.”
18. Grace Lee – The Korean news anchor sent her CV to leading television networks in the Philippines and luckily got contacted by GMA. She is also a host and a DJ.
19. Gui Adorno – The Portuguese-Brazilian model was a runner-up in the “You’re My Foreignoy” contest of “Eat Bulaga.” He is popular for singing Filipino songs like, ‘Nandito Ako,’ and ‘Ang Huling El Bimbo.’
20. Daiana Menezes – The Brazilian model was seen in numerous advertisements in the country. She became popular after appearing in “Eat Bulaga.” Diana also appeared in men’s magazines like FHM and Maxim Philippines.
21. Sam YG – The pure-blooded Indian is a DJ at Magic 89.9. He hosts the show, “Boys Night Out” alongside Tony Toni and Slick Rick. Sam occasionally hosts for “Eat Bulaga.”
22. Kyle “Kulas” Jennermann – The Canadian blogger has been in the country for four years. He was given the “Best Pinoy at Heart” award by Choose Philippines.
What can you say about these celebrities who may have been raised in a different country, but are Pinoy at heart? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.